One of the Greatest Adventures of All Time Returns in HD.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker makes its glorious return on the Wii U console with gorgeous HD graphics and enhanced game features. In this timeless classic with a unique and colorful "toon-shaded" art style, players guide Link as he sets out on the massive Great Sea to find his kidnapped sister. You will sail the seas in search of lost islands, fight fearsome enemies, take on mighty bosses, and seek out the legendary Triforce.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD features 1080p visuals that will immerse players in the game like never before.
- With the Wii U GamePad controller, it’s easy to manage your inventory and view maps.
- Players will enjoy cruising the open sea with a new Swift Sail, bringing them to their next destination and action-packed adventure that much faster.
- Once players receive the "Tingle Bottle" item, they can connect with others by posting comments to Miiverse. Through this new feature, comments or screen shots posted on Miiverse will wash up on the shores of other players’ games. It’s like finding a message in a bottle.
- Players can also take and store more pictures with an improved Pictograph and then post them on Miiverse.
- If the television is already in use, this game can been played off-TV on the Wii U GamePad.
A new limited-edition Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD launches on Sept. 20, 2013. The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, 2013, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4, 2013 with distinctive gold-foil packaging.
- Wii U
- Release Date
- Oct 4 2013
- No. of Players
- 1 player
- Action, Adventure
Questions about buying digital games?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.